Do you know that the most recent version of the Netflix app for Android is not compatible with every Android device running Android 5.0. If you downloaded the Netflix app from the Play Store and saw a message 'This app is not compatible with your device.' directing you to install an earlier compatible version, you can download a compatible version of the Netflix app here. This version of the Netflix app requires an Android version between 4.4 (Kit Kat) and 7.1.2 (Nougat).
First, to install Netflix directly from Netflix, you'll need to set up your Android phone or tablet before the installation:
- If you haven't already, uninstall the Netflix app.
- After you've uninstalled the app, go to Settings.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Security.
- Check the box next to Unknown Sources: Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store.
- Tap OK to confirm this change.
You can revert back to your original settings once you have installed the Netflix app.
Then, install Netflix on your Android phone or tablet:
- Click here to download the Netflix app.
- A blank screen will open and then close to indicate that the download has started.
- When the download is complete, swipe down from the top of your screen to open your Notification panel.
- Tap the downloaded Netflix file and select Install.
- The installation is complete when the notification bar at the top of the screen displays Successfully Installed Netflix.
- Find and launch the Netflix app. If prompted, enter your Netflix email and password using the on-screen keyboard.
- Now you can watch movies or TV shows on your Netflix app.
Download Netflix Videos on Android Devices
If you are using the latest version of the Netflix app on Android phone or tablet running Android 4.4.2 or later, you can download videos for offline playing with Netflix app. And you can have up to 100 downloads at a time on as many devices on your membership plan.
If your Android devices don't meet the above conditions, any methods to download Netflix videos and play on the Android devices? Yes, you can ask Kigo Netflix Video Downloader to help you.
Kigo Netflix Video Downloader is a powerful Netflix video downloading tool to download Netflix movies, TV shows, Original Series, and documentaries even you are Windows 7 / Windows 8 users. And you can also set and choose the audio track or subtitle to download. It also supports saving AD audio track to meet the need.
Step 1 Free download, install and run Kigo Netflix Video Downloader.
Here are three methods to add the videos to download, 1. Search with keywords. 2. Copy link and paste. 3. Drag and drop the link url. Just according to your need, choose one for you.
If you are totally new user, you need to login with your Netflix account to go on downloading.
Step 2 Audio Track and Subtitle Setting.
You can open the Setting window by clicking the Menu drop-downlist - Settings. If you don't set the audio track and subtitle alone, the whole audio track and subtitle will be downloaded. You can just choose some one or two you need. You can also choose "Save 5.1 surround audio track".
Step 3 Netflix Downloading.
Completing the above settings, you can click "Download" button to start downloading.
Step 4 Transfer to Android Phones
After all the videos have been downloaded from Netflix, now connect your Android phones to computer, and find the downloaded Netflix videos and transfer to your phones. Now you can play these videos on your Android phones freely.
Whether your Android device supports Netflix or not, don't worry, you can find method to enjoy Netflix videos on your Android devices.