Top 5 Video Streaming Services of 2020
Nowadays people have various choices to watch the favorite TV shows or movies and there are kinds of video streaming services with diverse original series and so on. How to choose a suitable streaming service for you.
In the following, we will figure out which are the top 5 best video streaming services of 2020. From the simple comparison, you may find which one is what you need.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 158 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix offers different plans for streaming and DVD or Blu-ray rental, each of which is priced differently. Netflix offers three streaming plans: Basic, Standard, and Premium starting at $9 per month and ending at $16 per month.
- Basic. The Basic streaming plan costs $8.99 per month and has the most limited features. You can only use it on a single screen at a time, and resolution is limited to standard definition (SD), which is equivalent to old, pre-HD television.
- Standard. The Standard streaming plan costs $12.99 per month and allows you two watch on two screens at a time in high definition (HD).
- Premium. The Premium streaming plan costs $15.99 per month. For that, you can watch on four screens at once (ideal for a large family), and you can video programming in HD or 4K Ultra HD, if available.
- Different plans for different users.
- Large video library to watch. Netflix now has more than 47,000 TV episodes and 4,000 movies titled included with subscription.
- The Classic and popular Netflix Original Series you can't miss.
- Various Subtitles to choose.
- Basic plan with too many limits.
- No live TV
- Limited sports content
Hulu is a U.S.-based subscription video on demand service fully controlled and majority-owned by Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, a business segment of The Walt Disney Company, with NBCUniversal, owned by Comcast, as an equity stakeholder.
With more than 85,000 episodes of on-demand television - more than any other U.S. streaming service - as well as thousands of movies and more than 60 popular live television channels, Hulu makes it easy for TV fans to get the most complete television experience.
Hulu now supports users 3 plans to choose.
Hulu: $5.99 per month
Hulu subscribers can stream more than 85,000 episodes of on-demand television, thousands of movies and award winning Hulu Originals with ads, now for $5.99 per month.
Hulu (No Ads): $11.99 per month
The Hulu (No Ads) plan still offers the same massive library of on-demand TV and movies for $11.99 per month.
Hulu + Live TV: $44.99 per month
As the ultimate combination of on-demand and live TV, Hulu + Live TV features more than 60 live sports, news and entertainment channels to stream on virtually any living room or mobile device, PLUS the more than 85,000 episodes of television on demand and thousands of movies in the core Hulu plan. Only Hulu offers this complete streaming television experience, all in one place.
- Multiple plans and add-ons
- Huge TV and Live TV library. Hulu Live TV channel list includes: 60+ channels for $45 per month.
- The attractive $5.99 price.
- Good original shows.
- Inconsistent selections from older TV seasons.
- Live TV is available for local.
- No international coverage.
- Games are subject to regional availability and blackoutsPros.
Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video offers television shows and films for rent or purchase and Prime Video, a selection of Amazon Studios original content and licensed acquisitions included in the Amazon's Prime subscription.
$8.99 per month for Prime Video only.
Full Amazon Prime is either $12.99 per month or $119 annually.
- Wide content selection
- Included with other Prime benefits
- Good original shows
- Non-Amazon users might find the interface less than intuitive.
- Lack of live coverage of sports games.
HBO is home to the shows that everyone is talking about - from groundbreaking series, documentaries and sports to the biggest blockbuster movies available anywhere.
If you'd like to get HBO but don't have cable, you can subscribe to HBO NOW to get every episode of every series, plus new blockbuster movies every week.
The HBO NOW subscription price is $14.99 per month.
- All HBO original content available.
- Top-quality TV series.
- Unique sports specials.
- HBO NOW is only supported in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories.
- The library is not updated as often (compared to Netflix and Hulu).
- The Video might get interrupted due to too many simultaneous connections.
- No DVR option supported, no offline viewing.
- No live TV.
If you ask which one is the most expected video streaming service, there is no doubt that the answer is Disney Plus.
Owned by the Walt Disney Company, the service provides on-demand original content of the Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Television, original content from Marvel, National Geographic, Pixar and Star Wars.
It is expected that Disney+ will have approximately 7,000 television episodes and 500 films, including content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and National Geographic, as well as original television series and films from Disney Channel and Freeform, and select titles from 20th Century Fox Television and ABC Studios. The service will also hold pay-cable rights to Disney material released from 2019 forward.
Referral Reading: Netflix VS Disney Plus
- Month-by-month subscription: $6.99/month.
- Yearly subscription: $69.99/year (comes out to $5.83/month)
- Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN+ bundle: $12.99/month ($17.97/month if you sign up for each service individually)
- Variety of video contents.
- Great picture quality.
- Unlimited download capabilities.
- Location restrictions.
- No international coverage.
- Unable to pause live TV stream.
According to your favorite TV series or movies, and your location, you will find one video streaming service for yourself. When you have no idea to choose, just follow the most people's choice - Netflix. Now Netflix also supports users download for offline playing and you can try to use Kigo Netflix Video Downloader to download and backup your Netflix videos.