Rip DVD movies on Mac OS X
Kigo Video Converter Ultimate is also an excellent DVD ripper, which provides an all-in-one solution to convert videos or DVD movies for Mac OS X users. And the converted files can be played on iPod, iPhone, iPhone 3G, PSP, PS3, Apple TV, PSP, Zune, Creative Zen, Archos and so on quite well. All the conversions are with perfect output quality and high conversion speed.
As a DVD Ripper, with Kigo Video Converter Ultimate you can do as follows:
- 1. All kinds of DVD formats are supported, including DVD Disc, DVD Folder, ISO file, IFO file and dvdmedia.
- 2. It works for many popular video players, like Apple Devices (Pad, iPod touch 4, iPod nano, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Apple TV), Game Console (Xbox 360, PSP, PS3, Nintento Wii), portable video players(Walkman, Creative Zen, Sandisk Sansa, etc.), Mobile Phone (3GP mobile phones, Windows Mobile devices, etc.), and other digital devices.
- 3. You can edit videos by cropping video size, setting special video effects adding watermarks to videos. While you edit videos, you can preview the files in real time. For DVD movies, you cannot merge files into one.
- 4. According to your wish, you can choose the subtitle and audio track to save, and convert movies as chapters of the DVDs. You can also set the "Start Time" and "Stop Time" to convert some segments.
- 5. If you only want to extract the movie music, extracting audio from videos is also supported by Kigo Video Converter Ultimate.
- 6. The whole process is very fast, and the output quality is quite high. You don't need to worry about the qulity loss.
How to rip DVDs with Kigo Video Converter Ultimate?
Step1: Insert your DVD disc and click Add Video/DVD button.
Step2: Select the DVD disc under devices in navigation window and hit Open. For VIDEO_TS folder, just select the whole folder and hit Open. All titles/main movie will be listed in the main window.
Tips: Also, you can import DVDs by dragging and dropping the DVD driver/VIDEO_TS folder into the program's main interface.
Step 3: Edit videos as you need, this option is not necessary, it is optional.
To edit video, please select it in the main file list and click the Edit button to open the edit window.
You can type in the exact valid value or drag the anchors to adjust the rectangle and its position to crop videos in the Crop dialog. The part out of the rectangle is to be eliminated.
After selecting Effect dialog, you can set video effects as you need.
In the Watermark dialog, select the Check box of Enable Watermark to enable this feature. You can add text watermark or add picture watermark to make the video different.
Step 4: Profile settings:
You can set profile of each file in the list by selecting it and clicking the Profile button.
Profile: It will change the output profile of the current file you selected.
General: You can customize the Output Filename, Output Directory, Start/Stop Time of converting in this general tab.
Video: This program gives you the rights to customize the Video Codec, Video Size, Video Bitrate, Video FPS, Keep Aspect as you wish.
Audio: You can customize the Audio Codec, Audio Bitrate, Sample Rate, Audio Channel, A/V Sync if it's needed.
DVD: Choose the subtitle, audio track you wish to save in the pull down menu, and converting as chapters of the DVD.
Reset: You can recover all settings as default by clicking this button.
Step 5: Start converting
You can click Start to begin converting.
After the converting is complete, you can find the converted file listed in the corresponding library.
In the File Library, you can find the pending files, and my files (converted). For the files in Apple iPod devices library. You can transfer them to your devices easy by clicking "Add to Device". But make sure your devices is connected.